NOTICE!!!!! Sweeny High School Computer Science Opportunity
As part of a possible grant opportunity, Sweeny High School is looking for students to participate in a pilot Computer Science online course. The required prerequisite for this course is Algebra 1 and students should be in 9-12th grade during the 2017-2018 school year.
Ideally, potential candidates should have an existing Graduation plan to achieve an endorsement and room in their schedule for this elective.
- Students get an opportunity to experience a class that is not currently being offered.
- Students get an opportunity to provide feedback and recommendations regarding future offerings of the course.
- Course provides a future opportunity for Second Language Credit.
- Course could provide a foundation for a future pathway in Technology Applications and an opportunity to create another S.T.E.M. Endorsement opportunity for our students.
If you or your student is interested in more information about this opportunity, I’ll be hosting a meeting on April 4th (Tuesday) at 6 PM at the new Junior High STEM lab. Please enter the new Technology Building through the side doors, by the new parking lot behind the football stadium.
Please let me know if you are interested by emailing me at email@example.com or call me at 979-491-8269.
Unfortunately, the deadline for this Grant opportunity is less than 4 weeks away.
Sweeny ISD Career & Technology
The purpose of the Career and Technical Education Department is to recognize the needs of a diverse student population and to assist students in gaining skills to become competitive, independent, productive citizens in a global economy.
Students will be given opportunities to maximize their fullest potential through quality instruction linked to business and industry, career guidance, and active student leadership organizations.
The goal of the Career and Technical programs in the Sweeny ISD is to have all students master basic skills through rigorous technical education, which will enable them to:
- Manage the responsibilities of both family member and wage earner.
- Gain entry-level employment in a high-skill, high-wage job and/or to continue their post-secondary education.
Career and Technical Vision
The vision of the Sweeny ISD is to have a rigorous Career and Technical Education program that prepares and equips students with industry certifications based upon community needs and to provide students with skills to either begin high-skilled, high-wage earning careers or continue their post-secondary education.
CTE Advisory Agendas
CTE Advisory Bylaws
CTE Advisory Council Members
CTE Advisory Minutes
CTE Teachers 2015-2016